OCCA Chinese School Policy
- Teachers will submit to the Board a “teaching plan” at the beginning of each semester. After approval by the Board, the plan will be shared with the parents.
- Teachers are expected to communicate with parents about the progress and the need of their children.
- Teachers are expected in the classroom 10 minutes before classes start. After classes, teachers should coordinate with the person(s) on duty to ensure the students can leave the school orderly and return to the parents safely.
- If a teacher is not able to teach, the teacher should notify the principal/assistant principal at least one week prior to the class. Teachers are not encouraged to arrange a substitute teacher on their own.
- Engaged in their children’s Chinese education, making sure that the children do the homework, spend enough time to review lessons.
- Educate children to behave properly at the school facility. The children should be respectful, polite and considerate to others. The children who behave poorly and do not obey adult warnings will be disciplined, and a written note will be sent to the parents. Parents may be held responsible for any property/personal damages caused by children’s reckless behaviors.
- Parents with young kids are not allowed to stay in the hallway. They can stay inside the classrooms with their children (with the teacher’s permission).
- Parents can drop their children at the building entrance if they arrive on time or during the 10-minute period prior to the class. The person(s) on-duty will take the children to their classrooms. If the parents arrive late for the class, they need to bring the children to the classrooms.
- Parents are welcome to stay with their children in the classrooms to help out with teachers. Parents are not allowed to stay in the hallway.
- Parents need to pick up their children on time. The children will wait at the entrance to be picked. The latest pick-up time is10 minutes after class. After the allowed pickup time, a $10 late pickup fee will be charged, plus $1 per minute thereafter. Exceptions will be granted only on a case-by-case basis. When running late, parents should call the person on duty in advance.
- Parents need to write a note to the class teacher if the children are not able to attend the class. Multiple absences without notification can cause the children being withdrawn from the school.
- Parents need to keep their email addresses/phone numbers updated. Send an email to email@example.com if any communication information is changed. All school-related announcements are made only via email.
- Students should follow the teachers’ rules in the classroom or during the class break. Students are not allowed to play iPhones/iPad or any games during the classes. All phones should be muted during the classes.
- Students are not allowed to make excessive noise, running or chasing at the school facility. Necessary actions might be taken if students do not obey warnings.
- Students should show respects to teachers, administrators, peers or other young students.
- Students should not damage any facilities on site.
- Students are not allowed to bring food or beverage into the classroom (a bottle of pure water is allowed).
- Students should take responsible for learning. Students should do their homework.
- Students should be in the classrooms during the class break. They need to let the teacher know if they need to leave the classrooms.
Tuition and Withdrawal Policy
Each semester, the tuition is calculated based on the projection of the cost.
- The tuition fee must be paid in full in the period which is defined by the School Board.
- First time students are allowed to have a special 2-week free trial period. If withdraw during this free trial period, the tuition fee will be fully refund. The new student registration fee is not refundable.
- For the current students, the tuition fee is not refundable unless a withdrawal request is granted by the school administrators through the first month (30 days) of each semester.
- The fee is not pro-rated.