Welcome to Omaha Chinese Culture Association's
Help Wanted page
Calling for Math Enthusiast Teens in Omaha! - Join Us at MathAlive!
A Math Volunteer Opportunity at the Strategic Air & Space Museum
Do you have a passion for math and applied sciences in video games, sports, music, robotics, fashion industry, or enjoy helping people and are you willing to spend some time between Sept 21st and January 5th at Strategic Air & Space Museum? If so, you can be part of this wonderful hands-on exhibit while adding community service hours to your resume.
Please check out the following volunteer information for the MathAlive! exhibit. If you are interested, please contact Kevin or Linda at HWbrainstorm@gmail.com before Sept. 5th.
The Strategic Air & Space Museum will be hosting the exhibit “MathAlive!” from September 21, 2013-January 5, 2014. This exhibit is designed to inspire, spark imagination, and reveal not only math at work, but the endless possibilities of math. MathAlive! is both an interactive and immersive experience for families and students.
The Math Alive! Exhibit Specialist Volunteer will play a large role with the exhibit and helping guests explore the world of Math! Training will be available to familiarize volunteers with the exhibit.
Specific duties will include, but are not limited to:
· Ability to answer any questions about the exhibit for museum guests.
· Having a passion for math and willingness to share knowledge with others.
· Ability to be knowledgeable and resourceful about each station.
· Providing assistance and guidance for guests about the exhibit and the various stations.
· Effective communication with a diversity of people.
· Able to help with the exhibit staffing as needed.
Desired traits, characteristics, background or skills:
· Strong communication skills
· Strong knowledge base about Math
· Works well with children and adults
· Must have the ability to work independently and take directions
· Cultivates interpersonal skills
· Problem solver
Commitment: Individuals will work with the Museum to establish reliable volunteering hours as agreed. The Museum can be flexible when establishing hours and scheduling. Detail scheduling information can be arranged individually or in groups.
Training: Training for the exhibit will be provided on Sept 19th at the Strategic Air & Space Museum.
MathAlive! Exhibit Information: http://mathalive.com/about-the-exhibit/
Whether you are looking for work, or looking for a new employee with specific requirements, Omaha Chinese Culture Association is here to help. We love to provide the area employers with a free and an effective way to advertise their jobs on our site. We also hope to provide an additional job resource and networking experience for our members and supporters.
Employers: Thank you for your support! If you would like to add your job postings here, please email Linda Steele or LiQin Kaphart or Paulina Lin at email@example.com